If you are a fan of lasagna, but are worried about the calories, then you should seriously consider this mini Pizzagna cups. Mini Pizzagna cups are absolutely delicious and are a great option for weight watchers. Making lasagna can sometimes be painful with so many dishes required and then of course the leftovers that tends to remain in the refrigerator for days together especially if you are a single person. With so much excess in the fridge, you tend to eat this high calorie dish everyday, which can spoil all your day’s calorie intake.
The Pizzagna cups are easy to make and takes not more than 30 minutes, which is nice for anyone who leads a busy life and want something pretty quick. Assembling takes only 15 minutes while you can cook the sauce with the sausage and ready other things simultaneously. Once you arrange everything, pop all the stuff into an oven for 12 minutes and your dinner is ready soon. This weight watchers mini Pizzagna cups is a slim down version of the lasagna that is ideal for a small meal.
Lasagna tastes very good, but they are loaded with calories. A single slice of lasagna is so rich that it may break the records of smart points. But, the weight watchers mini Pizzagna cups are only 4 points each at only 127 calories. Weight watchers or single persons who are health conscious can have two of these cups and combine it with a salad for a hearty meal of the day.
2 Italian Turkey Sausage links, casing removed
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
24 2-inch won ton wrappers
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
½ cup of low fat mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley leaves
12 mini turkey pepperonis
Smart Point: 4 (per cup)
Saturated Fat: 3
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil a standard 12 cup muffin tin or you can coat it with a nonstick spray.
3. Add the Italian Sausage to the pan and cook it until it is brown. This will take about 3-5 minutes. Make sure the sausage is crumbled as it cooks. Drain off any excess fat and stir in the marinara sauce.
4. Add the parmesan cheese and cottage cheese to a small sized mixing bowl and mix until they are combined well.
5. Place the wonton wrappers into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing each one carefully to ensure there is an opening in the center. Fill in each cup with 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese. Top it with 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and sausage and 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
6. Put this into an oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers have turned golden brown.
7. Your weight watchers mini Pizzagna cups is ready. Serve it hot with a dressing of parsley leaves.
Recipe by : recipe-diaries.com