Like every year I finally made up my mind to go healthy and stick to my health goals from the beginning of this year. Like most years, I didn’t want my resolutions to go down the drain by not following them after a few days. With so many failed attempts in the past, I have decided to set goals like going to the gym regularly and to stick to a healthy diet. I was sure that if I stick to these two regimes I will easily attain my goal, which was my ultimate aim this year.
I have now charted out a healthy meal plan and sticking to that plan has helped me a lot. Once you have decided your goals and planned how to go about achieving it, then it becomes pretty easy to stick to the plan. Having a fool proof system in place has helped me stay on track with my weight loss goals.
My meal plan also includes a diet that is light and free of unhealthy foods. One of the main changes in the food is to have protein shakes or a protein smoothie after every workout. A protein smoothie after every workout session makes you feel energized and lifts your mood.
To increase the energy boost I started making the plant based protein shakes. The best part of this protein shake is that it offers 15g of plant based protein powder per serving and vitamin extracts with no GMO’s, soy, gluten, dairy, artificial sweeteners or flavors. It is pretty easy to make this protein shake; all you need to do is blend the powder with unsweetened almond milk. You can use any liquid of your choice, but if you are trying to lose weight you have to consider a liquid that is fat free or low in fat.
Whenever I get bored of the protein shake, then I add the protein powder to the smoothie and one of my favorite winter smoothies is made with chai tea. This chai protein is absolutely delicious when it is combined with the easy protein packed smoothie base.
If you wish so, top the vanilla smoothie with a sliced banana, preferably fresh since we are into healthy eating. Garnish with some ground cinnamon powder if you like so.
A Vanilla Chai Protein smoothie works as a great cleanser as it is made from the Chai concentrate. It has natural sweetness and is sufficiently rich in flavors. The chai with the right amount of spices makes this chai protein rich and good for your health too. This is an ideal vanilla chai protein smoothie that is perfect for the winters and will help you achieve your weight loss goals this New Year.
A Vanilla Chai Protein Smoothie
- 1 ½ cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Large banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 scoop Plant Based Protein Shake-Vanilla
- 1 bag Chai tea
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon powder ( for garnish)
- Thin sliced Bananas (for garnish)
- Heat the almond milk on the stove or in a microwave for a minute or two until it is hot and you see the steam
- Place the chai bag in the almond milk and allow it to stay for at least 5 minutes
- Place this into the refrigerator until it is chilled
- Remove the tea bag and mix it with the chai tea milk, banana, protein powder and vanilla extract and mix it in a blender
- Blend this mixture until it is smooth and then pour this into a tall cup
- If you find that your Chai Smoothie is too thick, you can add some water or milk according to your preferences