Updated: May 22, 2022
Recipes that are easy to make should be flavorful and the following is one such delicious dish that you would definitely want to make at home.
The Thai peanut butter grilled chicken is one such dish that you would want to try making very often. The hero of this dish is definitely the chicken drumsticks. Chicken drumsticks are seasoned with Thai peanut butter marinade and grilled. Once done the Thai peanut butter grilled chicken is glazed with a thick and mildly sweet sauce.
The best part of this recipe is that you need 10 minutes to prep and just 10 ingredients that can be found at any grocery stores nearby. This tasty Thai peanut butter grilled chicken is a sure attraction of any party.
Thai peanut butter grilled chicken is an ideal dish for any kind of parties and picnics. This is an easy to make and versatile dish that everyone will definitely enjoy.
Peanut butter grilled chicken tips and tricks
You can enjoy soft and succulent grilled chicken every time once you follow these simple tricks.
- Thickness of the chicken: The thumb rule here is that the larger the chicken the longer it will take to grill. Usually, chicken takes just 3-5 minutes to cook on both sides, but this will not be the case if your cuts are thick. Make sure you grease the grill well with fat like oil before placing the chicken to prevent any sticking.
- Cover the grill: Make sure you cover the grill while cooking as it will take less time to cook and the meat is cooked evenly.
- How to know if the chicken is ready: You will know your chicken is cooked when the internal temperature gets to 165 degrees F or the juices run dry.
What is the correct marination time for the Thai peanut butter grilled chicken?
It is ideal to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but overnight marination works just perfect.
- For faster marinade: Score the meat before marinating. This will ensure the marinade penetrates deeper. You can do this by just pricking the meat with a fork or a knife. Add the marinade in between and allow it to rest for thirty minutes.
- Coat everything: Whenever there is marination involved, make sure you coat the meat from all the sides with the marinade for a flavorful dish. This is absolutely essential to make sure there are no sides left without the marinade.
Can you marinate the chicken for long?
Overnight marination in a refrigerator is just perfect. Meat tends to become tougher and denser when there is acid component in the marinade like lime juice.
Ingredients for Thai peanut butter grilled chicken
- Chicken drumsticks
- Soy sauce
- Coconut oil
- Peanut butter
- Lemon juice
The easy and flavorful Thai peanut butter grilled chicken is one of the most versatile dishes that you can make in a jiffy.
Thai Peanut Butter Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cl garlic, minced
- 2 tsp finely chopped jalapeño
- Garnish with Chopped roasted peanuts, cilantro, jalapeño
- Firstly, keep all the ingredients ready, Marinate the chicken drumsticks with garlic, cilantro, sriracha, honey, peanut butter, jalapeno and coconut oil along with lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Allow it to rest for 60 minutes in a zip lock bag. Store it in the refrigerator. This will make sure flavors are absorbed well. Keep some marinade as reserve.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high heat and grill the chicken covered. It will take about 6-8 minutes for each side to cook or until the chicken is no longer pink. Once done, place it on a platter and cover with foil to maintain the temperature.Make sure the leftover marinade is boiled well so that it is safe to consume.
- Baste the grilled chicken with the leftover marinade.Garnish with cilantro sliced jalapeno or chopped roasted peanuts if you desire.