Updated: May 22, 2022
This Spicy Teriyaki chicken is grilled to perfection and glazed with a flavorful, sticky sauce.
In my house, Spicy Teriyaki Chicken is a weekly favorite. With this sauce, the chicken is tangy, sweet, and spicy, and comes out tender and juicy when grilled.
Everybody loves spicy Teriyaki chicken takeout. You can make it at home easily and it will quickly become a favorite!
Prep: 10 mins
Marinate: 120 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 2.30 hrs
Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Ingredients
. 4 boneless chicken thighs
. 1/2 cup soy sauce
. 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
· 1/4 cup water
· 2-3 large cloves garlic finely minced
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
· 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
· 1 tablespoons cornstarch
· 1-2 green onions
· sesame seeds optional
How to cook Spicy Teriyaki Chicken
1. The following ingredients should be mixed in a small bowl: soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, water, garlic, paprika, chili pepper, and ginger. Over the chicken, pour half the mixture and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
2. The rest of the marinade should be placed in a small pot and placed on medium heat. Stir in the cornstarch and mix to dissolve. Cook for 3-4 minutes after reaching a boil. Set aside after removing from heat.
3. Get a nice sear by grilling or cooking in a cast iron pan for 6-7 minutes on each side. Apply the teriyaki sauce by brushing it on. Continue cooking on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear.
4. After 10 minutes, let the chicken rest. Top with green onions and sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice or Salad
A homemade spicy teriyaki sauce is easy to make with pantry ingredients and tastes better than any jarred sauce from the grocery store. The chicken absorbs more flavor if you marinate it overnight. For this dish, I prefer thighs, but breasts are also an option.