Updated: May 21, 2022
These delicious and soft pretzel bites are pretty easy and quick to make. Soft pretzel bites are so tasty that this mouthwatering recipe can be made at home with very few ingredients.
Making soft pretzel bites can be great fun. You can make these fast and serve it for any parties and even on a fun game day. They are so yummy that your guests will enjoy dipping and snacking these salty, chewy and buttery pretzels. These quick and easy to make at home snacks are great for family parties. They become all the more delicious when paired with a cheese dip, but with or without cheese these soft pretzel bites are a winner.
Soft pretzel bites are made frequently at home and they are finished in a matter of seconds. These easy to make homemade soft pretzel bites are a hot favorite and you would want to eat frequently and enjoy its taste to the core. These homemade soft and warm pretzel bites are a lot better than the ones you get at stores.
This is a very simple pretzel bites recipe for beginners. The following are the list of ingredients that you will require to make soft pretzel bites. This soft pretzel bites recipe is perfect for amateurs working with yeast because it requires very little time to rise. Shaping the dough into bite size pieces is much easier than shaping into pretzels. Follow the recipe and you can make these soft pretzel bites in no time at home.
Ingredients for Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe
- Coarse Sea Salt: Sea salt is used in the dough mix and also to sprinkle on top
- Sugar: You can use white sugar, brown sugar and even honey.
- Yeast: One packet of active dry yeast
- Flour: Since this is a traditional recipe it is better to use all-purpose flour. But, if you want to make a healthier version, then you can opt for whole wheat flour
- Butter: Salted butter that is melted and slightly cooled
- Milk: Warm milk is a preferred ingredient that acts as a base of the Pretzel dough
How to make easy soft pretzel bites
These crowd favorite soft pretzel bites can be made in a jiffy. Just follow the recipe to make from scratch.
1.Preheat the oven to 425-degree F(218C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Silicone baking mats are preferred over parchment paper. If you are using parchment paper slightly grease with melted butter or nonstick spray and set aside.
2.Firstly, mix together warm milk and sugar in a large mixing bowl. You can even use the bowl of a stand mixer for this. Sprinkle standard packet dry yeast and mix all the ingredients well and wait for five minutes. After five minutes, you will find a foamy and activated yeast in the bowl.
3.Add salt, 1 tbsp melted butter and three cups of flour along with melted butter into the bowl and combine well. You can use your hands or a wooden spatula to mix the dough. This will take around four minutes. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook to knead until the mix is smooth and elastic.
4.Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured ( the rest 1/4 cup of flour) surface and allow it to rest for three to four minutes before you begin shaping it into small balls.
5. Cut the ball of dough into 6 sections. Take each piece and roll into rope shape of 24 inches. Cut the dough rope into two-inch pieces to make bites.
6. Place the dough bites on the baking sheet and brush them with butter and sprinkle some salt.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they turn golden brown in color.
8. Remove to a baking tray and allow it to rest for five minutes before serving.
9. Serve the soft pretzel bite with cheese sauce.
If you want to make the pretzel bites sweet, then instead of salt you can sprinkle the bites with cinnamon and sugar. Both ways they taste just great.
Can the Pretzel dough sit overnight?
The pretzel dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a day or you can even freeze them in an airtight container for three months. For making the next day, thaw the frozen dough in the refrigerator overnight. The refrigerated dough can be shaped into bites when cold. Make sure you allow some time for it to puff up before you give a baking soda bath and start the baking process. Even the baked pretzel bites can be frozen for three months without getting spoilt. Thaw them and reheat in the oven at 300-degree F or 149 C until warm.
How to reheat the soft pretzel bites?
You can reheat them in a microwave(around 30 sec.) or even bake them to retain its crisp texture. For baking, place them evenly on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven for 3-5 minutes or until they are warm enough. You can even brush it with melted butter for a fresh taste and flavor.
Air fryer and Pretzel bites
You can make tasty and soft pretzel bites in an air fryer. Just bake them for 6-7 minutes at 390 degrees F. The bites are done when the outside turns brown. The baking time will vary according to the brand of Air fryer. So, do check the instructions before baking. Brush the bites with melted butter and some salt and you are ready to dig in.
Serving Soft Pretzel Bites
Pretzel bites can be had without any dips, but they taste equally good with cheese dips.
Enjoy warm and flavorful pretzel bites by making them easily at home within an hour. The above soft pretzel recipe can be made by beginners without any difficulty and most of the ingredients can be found easily at home.
Solf Pretzel Bites Recipe, No Boiling
- 1⅓ cup warm milk(110°-115°F)
- 2¼ tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp coase salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Take a bowl and add yeast to the water along with sugar and allow it to sit for five minutes
- Add salt and three cups of flour along with melted butter into the bowl and combine well
- Knead in the extra ¼ cup of flour until the mix is smooth and elastic
- Cut the ball of dough into 8 sections.
- Take each piece and roll into rope shape of 24 inches.
- Cut the dough rope into two-inch pieces to make bites
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and brush on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Serve warm with cheese sauce