These pumpkin pie bars are low in calories and taste very similar to the pumpkin pies, plus they are gluten free. The pumpkin pie recipe shown here uses the honey nut cheerios instead of the graham cracker crumbs. Now enjoy guilt free pumpkin pie bars and leave the worries about extra calories behind. The low fat milk reduces the calories, but the pumpkin pie bars will remain creamy and good to taste, just like the regular pumpkin pie that you love to gorge on. These pumpkin pie bars are great for a thanksgiving dinner or on any other dinner party with your friends and family. You should definitely consider this recipe for your next get together party.
Skinny Pumpkin Pie Bars
Smart Points: 6
– 2 eggs
– ½ c. brown sugar
– 1 15.oz can of pumpkin puree
– 1 12.oz can of fat free evaporated milk
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– ¼ tsp ginger
– 1 tsp vanilla
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 ½ c. Gluten Free Honey Nut Cheerios Cereal
– 3 tbsp sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
– 3 tbsp of light butter
1. To make crust: Preheat the oven for 350 degrees F and in the meanwhile grease a 9” x 9” square baking pan.
2. Crush the cheerios cereal into fine crumbs by putting it into a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.
3. Alternatively pulse the cereal into fine crumbs with a food processor. Mix well the cheerios crumbs, sugar, melted butter, salt and blend until combined well. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased baking pan and bake until it turns golden. This would take about 7-8 minutes. Allow it to cool while you prepare the filling. Now, turn the oven temperature to 425 degree F.
4. Make Filling: Beat together all the ingredients set aside for filling into a smooth paste. Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake it for another 35 minutes or until you find the inserted toothpick comes out fully clean. Allow it to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled.
6. Sift powdered sugar over the sliced squares before you serve.