This is the most delicious and healthy chicken parmesan recipe. Anything with cheese and chicken is loved by everyone in the family. The chicken cutlets in this recipe are nicely wrapped in bread crumbs, which is healthy eating because it is baked and not fried. This chicken is moist and soft and full of flavor. This is an easy chicken parmesan recipe that your family and friends will love. Baked chicken parmesan is made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. The baked chicken parmesan is served over pasta, noodles, zucchini and roasted veggies or along with a large salad to keep it healthy and light.
This skinny baked chicken parmesan is a perfect meal for the weeknights. It is so delicious and mouthwatering that you can serve it to a large group of people for a get together party. Not only adults, even kids in the house will love gorging on this delicious and healthy chicken parmesan.
The best part of baking the chicken cutlets is that you are using less oil, which makes it a healthier option for a meal instead of frying them in huge quantities of unhealthy oil. Baking ensures that there is less mess compared to frying.
How to make a perfect boneless baked chicken breast in the oven:
- Heat the oven to 425 degree F to ensure the outer surface has crispy crumbs while the center still remains juicy.
- Cut the chicken into half and into lengthwise shapes to make sure the cooking time is speedy and the taste becomes better compared to when the chicken is left whole. The thinner the breast the faster is the cooking time. It will take about 25 minutes to cook the chicken.
- Instead of using an egg wash, which is the norm, brush some butter or olive oil onto the chicken before the bread crumbs. This ensures the bread crumbs become extra crisp without frying for healthier baked chicken parmesan that is good to taste and lighter too.
Any side dish will go well with this dish, but the following few side dish recipes would go well with this dish like:
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Serving size: 1 piece
Yields: 8 servings
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 about 8 oz each chicken breast with the fat trimmed and sliced lengthwise to make into 8 pieces
- ¾ cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter melted or olive oil
- ¾ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. Spray a large sized baking sheet lightly with the cooking spray.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a large sized bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl and lightly brush the butter onto the chicken and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Place this on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray some oil on top and bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add a tablespoon of sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 ½ tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake this for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Remember that healthy eating is not only about cooking it right, but also controlling the portion size. This way you can enjoy your favorite foods you love. This delicious skinny baked chicken parmesan is so simple to make and is a healthy option too. You won’t miss it being fried and honestly it is much better when baked. You can enjoy this meal without any guilt.