Vegan cheesecakes made from chocolates are hugely popular and when they are made from dairy free ingredients, then it becomes all the more special.
This no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe requires just 30 minutes of prep time and can be made with just 10 ingredients that are basic and easily available. Make sure you have all the following ingredients at home before you begin the process of making the vegan chocolate cheesecake.
- Nuts (walnuts and Cashew nuts)
- Cocoa ( or cacao powder)
- Dairy free chocolate
- Olive oil
- Maple Syrup
- Sea Salt
- Lemon Juice
- Coconut Milk
For making a yummy filling, you will have to soak the cashews to provide a creamy and neutral base. The lemon juice adds a tangy flavor and the coconut milk gives it a silky smooth texture without affecting the overall flavor and texture of the filling. The olive oil provides richness and the maple syrup gives the sweetness to the dish. A dairy free dark chocolate gives a deep chocolate flavor to this cheesecake. The best part of using this ingredient is that it helps firm up the cheesecake in the refrigerator making this dish a no-bake vegan chocolate cheesecake.
Once the cheesecakes are set, they come out easily from the muffin tin and stay thick and firm like custard. You will be surprised to know that these are dairy free and healthy too. What a nice way to surprise your friends and relatives over the dinner by serving them this healthy vegan no-bake chocolate cheesecake. Get ready to share the recipe.
For toppings, you can go for anything from coconut whipped cream, fresh berries and a dusting of cocoa powder. Yes, you can include some peanut butter sauce if you prefer that as a topping.
The vegan no-bake chocolate cheesecake is rich, creamy, custardy, perfectly sweet and rich in chocolate flavor and yet is simple to make. You can make them for yourself or for a huge gathering and they will love it for sure. Once made, you can store it in the refrigerator for a few days and for weeks if stored in the freezer. Unlike other flavors, these cheesecakes stay firm at room temperature for hours together, which makes it an ideal dessert for picnics or for a potluck party.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving: 1 of 12
Fat: 34 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 23 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 4.4 g
Sugar: 24 g
Protein: 9 g
For the Crust:
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted ( if they are dry, soak them for 10 minutes in water and drain)
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts ( almonds or oats)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or cocoa powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked in water for 4hours and drained and blend )
- 1 large lemon juiced ( almost ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup olive or melted coconut oil ( you can go for a neutral flavored oil too)
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 7 ounces dairy free dark chocolate chopped and meted in a broiler or in a microwave for 30 seconds
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar (honey if not going for vegan)
- Dairy free peanut butter cups
- Peanut butter sauce
- Fresh berries
- Coconut whipped cream
- Cacao nibs
- Add the dates into a food processor and blend well until small bit size remains and it becomes easy to roll into a ball shape. Remove from the blender and keep it aside.
- Add nuts, salt and cocoa powder and process it to form a meal. Add dates into this and blend until loose dough is formed. The mix should stick together when you try to squeeze between the fingers. If the mix is too dry add some dates and blend well and if the mix is wet, you can add some almond or walnut meal to the mix.
- Cut the parchment papers into the shapes of your muffin tin. To make it easier to remove the cheesecakes, cut out two strips of parchment paper for each muffin tin and lay those in an “X” shape into the base of the tin. Top with a circle shape. These tabs make it easier to remove the cheesecakes once it is set.
- Now, divide the crust among the serving dishes and carefully press with your fingers and distribute. Use a flat surface object like a glass or a spoon to press it down and allow some crusts to come out in the sides. If it sticks, separate the glass and crust with a small piece of parchment paper. Set in fridge or freezer to firm it up.
- Add all the filling ingredients to a blender and mix well until smooth for up to 2-3 minutes. If it doesn’t come together add some more lemon juice, maple syrup/agave or splash some coconut milk as it will help the mix to blend well.
- Scrape down the sides as needed and blend until it is creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust the flavor or sweetness accordingly.
- Divide the fillings evenly among the serving dish. Tap a few times to remove the air bubbles if any and then cover it loosely with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until it is set. This will take about 4-6 hours depending on the size of the dish. Put it into the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once they are set, run a butter knife along the edges and gently remove the tabs upwards. They should come out easily. It they are not set it is better to place them in the freezer for about 15-20 more minutes and then it should come out easily.
- Top it up with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe:
- ¼ cup salted natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sweetener and ½ tbsp melted coconut oil. Whisk them well to combine and warm if desired.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for a week and in the freezer for few weeks. These cheesecakes stay firm at room temperature for hours, which means you can take it for a party or a get together without worry.
Enjoy these no-bake vegan chocolate cheesecakes that are perfectly creamy as you would expect from a regular cheesecake. Make these at home and proudly serve it to friends and family and receive some very positive reviews.