To make Honey Sriracha Chicken, you need to understand how to make the honey sriracha marinade. Once you get that right, you have some delicious chicken ready. You don’t need some fancy equipment to make this dish either. You can make it using whatever you have- a skillet, an oven, or a grill.
Here is the secret to making good Asian food- attaining a good balance between each of the flavors that are infused: sweet, spicy, salty, and sour.
Although every component need not be incorporated in a dish, adding them does create the most scrumptious dishes ever.
This can be seen in honey sriracha chicken, which is an amalgamation of every flavor in the book- sweetness, spiciness, saltiness, and a tinge of tanginess. The resulting chicken is very juicy and will take your taste buds on a trip with the most shocking flavors.
In fact, personally, I scraped off the yummy sauce from the skillet till it was completely clean. Honestly, you cannot blame me for that. The flavorful sauce was too good to waste.
What I specifically love about this recipe is that it is extremely simple. It has 6 basic ingredients, all of which can be found in every kitchen. We are talking about Chicken, honey, Sriracha, vinegar, garlic, and salts.
When it comes to the chicken, literally any part will do- breast, thighs, drumsticks, or wings. Tempting, right? Try it out for dinner tonight.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN
Honey Sriracha Chicken is a delicious chicken recipe that one can make using honey sriracha marinade. Tonight is the night to try out this recipe. You can make it on a skillet or even bake it or grill it.
PREP TIME : 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
MARINADE TIME: 60 minutes
TOTAL TIME : 80 minutes
- 3-4 (350 g chicken) chicken thighs, deboned but skin-on
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- White sesame seeds, optional
HONEY SRIRACHA MARINADE:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
1. Firstly, you must thoroughly mix the ingredients required for the Honey Sriracha Marinade.
2. Then, both the marinade and the garlic must be added to the chicken. To combine properly, stir well and allow it to marinate for 60 minutes.
3. Pick up a cast-iron skillet and placed it on medium heat. Oil should be added before the chicken is moved to the skillet. Both sides must be cooked till they look golden brown and are cooked throughout.
4. The rest of the Marinade can now be added to the skillet, and once it thickens, the heat must be turned off. Add some sesame seeds and serve right away.
Alternatively, this chicken can be baked in an oven at 375F for 20 minutes or till it looks cooked throughout. The chicken can also be grilled.