With a sweet and spicy flavor, our Grilled Sweet and Spicy Mango Lime Chicken are not only scrumptious but also good for health. You can bake or grill this chicken recipe. Put a tropical twist on your next barbecue with these chicken thighs.
There are lots of ways to customize this recipe and it is super simple to make. Take a look!
Grilled or baked chicken – Grilled chicken tastes great, but if you don’t feel like barbecuing, you can bake it instead. For either method, I have included the instructions below.
Bowls or plates – You can serve the chicken over rice, with salad, or with rice. Easily prepare a meal in this manner so that you can take it in a lunchbox. It’s perfectly fine to plate the meal.
Variable spice levels – this dish has a spicy and sweet taste to it thanks to the spices I use. It’s not too hot – I would call it spicy. For a hotter dish, use hotter chilies or chili paste.
Everything here except the chicken goes into the marinade, which is so easy to make.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs – You can also purchase boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Diced mango – Keep some extra mangoes for serving along with the bowls. Also, pineapple is a delicious alternative to mango if that’s not your favorite!
Also, fresh mango may be hard to find at particular times of the year. If needed, canned mangos (in their natural juice) may be used.
Chili sauce – any hot sauce you like; Sriracha is my favorite sauce.
Lime juice – You will get more nutrients from fresh juice than from juice concentrates.
Salt and black pepper
Olive oil or any oil with a neutral taste. You can substitute avocado oil for olive oil.
Toppings for garnish – Cilantro, lime wedges, crushed black pepper and sea salt
How to make Sweet and Spicy Mango Lime Chicken
Simply combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor and you will have your marinade ready to use in minutes!
Prep the ingredients. Make sure the pit is removed and the mango is peeled. Make sure the chicken breasts are completely dry, then place them in a glass baking dish or a large Ziploc bag.
Prepare the marinade for the chicken. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. This should be a lovely tropical yellow color. Add the chicken and the marinade to a large Ziploc bag.
The chicken should be marinated in the refrigerator. If you wish to marinate the chicken in advance, you can marinate it for up to 24 hours if you like. Otherwise, one hour is enough.
FOR THE GRILL
You should grill at medium-high heat if you plan to grill. Place the marinaded Chicken on the grill.
Let it cook for about 20 minutes, until it reaches 165 F on the inside. On the inside, it should not look pink. Don’t be afraid to grill additional lime slices!
FOR THE OVEN
In a baking dish, arrange the chicken and pour over the leftover mango chile chicken marinade. Place the recipe in the oven and bake it for 25 – 30 minutes at 425 degrees. After 25 minutes, check for doneness.
The last minute of cooking time is when I broil the chicken to caramelize the marinade.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes..
- Balsamic Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken
- Spicy Teriyaki Chicken
- Lemon Dijon Garlic Grilled Chicken
- BBQ Cajun Spiced Chicken Breasts
Sweet and Spicy Mango Lime Chicken
- 500-600 grams Chicken thighs(boneless & skinless )
- 1/2 cup Cubed Mango
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha Chilli Sauce
- 1 cloves Garlic (minced)
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh cilantro leaves & Lime wedge (for serving)
- A blender can be used to mix the following ingredients- mango, lime juice, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, garlic, and salt. Pour to a chicken in a large Ziploc bag.
- After massaging the skin, store it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hours, preferably 4 hours up to overnight.
- To prepare the grill, preheat it to medium heat
- Take the marinated chicken off the grill and place it on the grill. Then flip the chicken and drizzle a bit more marinade on top after 10 minutes. Continue grilling the chicken for 10 minutes more until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the juices run clear.
- Combine the remaining marinade with 1/4 cup water and place in a small saucepan. After boiling, simmer for 5 minutes rapidly.
- When the chicken is done cooking, Top with grilled lime slices and cilantro, as well as mango sauce. Then serve immediately.