Grilled honey and garlic chicken recipe is amazingly easy to make. It can be made with just five ingredients.
It is that simple. If you have fresh chicken breasts or thigh in your refrigerator, then you can make restaurant quality meal at home. Make grilled honey and garlic chicken for your barbecue parties or just for any meal. If you enjoy grilled chicken dishes, then you should try our Hawaiian, Barbecue and California avocado chicken as well. Within a few minutes you can enjoy a hearty meal.
Ingredients required to make grilled honey garlic chicken
- Chicken breasts or thighs: Two large boneless and skinless breasts. Combining breasts and thigh cuts will result in a juicy meal
- Honey: Since this recipe involves heating honey the benefits of honey are lost in the process. I would still prefer to use raw honey for its health benefits
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce is a perfect Savoury marinade
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Used as a tenderizer and to add some zing to the meal
- Fresh garlic: Combine grated as well as minced garlic for that extra flavor and texture. Two grated garlic will make the sauce flavorful and a minced garlic clove increases the texture
- Green onion and sesame seeds: These little garnishes give an extra zing and crunch to the grilled chicken. Even though this recipe may not be exactly Asian, but there is no harm in adding ingredients that improve the flavor
- Lemon: Fresh juice of one lemon
Preparing the marinades
Marination plays an important role in this recipe. You need to marinade the chicken for at least 20 minutes before you start cooking. The longer the marination time the better will be the flavors and taste. Overnight marination would be nice. Marinade the chicken and put it in the refrigerator and use after a day or two for better results.
Steps to make grilled honey garlic chicken
- Preparing the marinade: Take a small bowl and whisk honey, garlic, lemon and soy sauce. Keep aside quarter cup sauce for basting
- Mix it to the chicken: Mix the sauce to the chicken in a bowl and allow it to marinate for thirty minutes to an hour in a resealable bag
- Grill: Pre-heat the grill to medium heat and grill for 6-8 minutes on one side or until it is no longer pink. Baste the chicken with the remaining sauce during the last five minutes
- Garnish: Garnish with green onion
Grains: Grilled chicken goes well with quinoa, brown or white rice and whole wheat spaghetti
Low-carb foods: Serve it with sides like cauliflower fried rice
Veggies: Grilled honey garlic chicken goes perfectly well with steamed broccoli that is drizzled with an Asian salad dressing
Beat cravings: Make healthy mac and cheese or an instant pot mac and cheese while the grilled chicken in baking. This combination is just right to beat your cravings
Storage Instructions for grilled chicken
Grilled honey garlic chicken can be easily refrigerated in a sealed container for five days and can also be stored in a freezer for three months.
Reheating Instructions for grilled chicken
You can easily reheat the grilled honey garlic chicken in a saucepan or a skillet. The sauce tends to thicken when refrigerated hence you may have to add some water while heating the chicken on low flame. Within a few minutes your grilled honey garlic chicken is ready to be served.
More Grilled Chicken Recipe..
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Mango Lime Chicken
- Balsamic Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken
- Spicy Teriyaki Chicken
- Lemon Dijon Garlic Grilled Chicken
- BBQ Cajun Spiced Chicken Breasts
Grilled Honey and Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts , Skinless, Boneless
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Lemon, Juiced
- Garnish with green onion or sesame
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon and garlic in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade to use for basting later.
- Pour the remaining Marinade over the chicken in a bowl for at least 30 mins in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through, reaching temperature 165 degree F. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Sprinkle with the green onions
- Serve immediately !