Bread Pudding is an old fashioned dessert since 13th Century England. It was made from up stale leftover bread with an egg mixture.
This bread pudding recipe is from my friend’s grandma recipe, She use leftover Challah bread. It is quite easy to make and can be made with very few ingredients. This favorite bread pudding recipe can be served warm with a big scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream or a caramel sauce. Enjoy!
What you need for bread pudding?
Grandma’s Bread Pudding has been a family favorite for generations. This rich and creamy dessert is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. The best part is that it’s very easy to make. Here’s what you need;
• 1 loaf of day old challah bread, cubed and cut into 1 inch pieces
• 5 large eggs lightly beaten
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 cups whole milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Grandma’s bread pudding?
Grandma’s bread pudding is a delicious, traditional dessert that has been passed down through generations. The pudding is made with stale bread, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices. Grandma’s Bread Pudding is a simple recipe that can be easily made at home.
The first step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, take the stale bread and cut it into small cubes. Then, add the milk, eggs, sugar, and spices to a bowl and mix together. Once the mixture is combined, Pour into the bread cubes until they are evenly coated. Then, bake for 45 minutes. Grandmas Bread Pudding is a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed by everyone!
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish( or 2 of 8″ x 5″ dishes) with nonstick cooking spray. Place the bread onto the prepared dish and spread it evenly. Set it aside
2 Take a large mixing bowl and add in sugar, eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon until mixed well.
3.Pour the mix over the bread in the baking pan and ensure the bread is coated well. Allow it to soak for about 15 minutes
4.Place the bread pudding in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes
5.Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before serving
This Grandmas Bread Pudding recipe in all its deliciousness! This dish is perfect for a family gather or a fun party. Grandmas Bread Pudding will leave your guests asking for more, so be sure to make extra!
Grandma’s Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 Loaf Old challah bread
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the bread onto the prepared dish and spread it evenly. Set it aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and add in sugar, eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon until mixed well.
- Pour the mix over the bread in the baking pan and ensure the bread is coated well. Allow it to soak for about 15 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread pudding in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before serving