Prep: 8 mins
Cook: 14 mins
Marinate: 60 mins
Total: 82 mins
Servings: 2 servings
We love this simple recipe for Cajun-spiced chicken breasts. All you would require is Cajun spices, Black pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder boneless chicken breasts, and some vegetable oil.
This is one of my favorite entrees as it is not very heavy and is simple to follow. Not just that! It takes less than 25 minutes to both prepare and cooks this beauty.
Essentially, you must season the chicken generously and put it in the refrigerator for about one hour before you cook it. This is why you must start preparing your meal at least one hour before you want to cook the chicken.
This yummy chicken can be served along with mashed potatoes or roasted cauliflower, as well as steamed peas, broccoli, or green beans. Alternatively, cook the chicken and make thin strips with a knife and serve it over a fresh tossed green salad or spring greens.
Check out the full recipe to look at the variations for a homemade Cajun seasoning blend and how you can use it in the recipe.
Homemade Cajun seasoning (unsalted)
- Take a small bowl and add ;
– 2 teaspoons of onion powder,
– 2 teaspoons of paprika,
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder,
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried leaf thyme,
– 1/4 teaspoon of dried leaf oregano,
– 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder,
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Mix these ingredients thoroughly. This mixture must be used with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the recipe. However, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder must not be added again.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes..
BBQ Cajun Spiced Chicken Recipe
- 500 g Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts (halves or cutlets)*
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (only for unsalted Cajun seasoning)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Ensure that you have all the ingredients ready.
- In case the chicken breasts are too big, you can cut them up horizontally and make thin cutlets. If you want the cooking to take place more quickly, position the chicken breasts or cutlets between two plastic wrap sheets and flatten them by pounding. This will result in an even thickness.
- Mix the seasonings with oil to create a paste.
- Take this mixture and rub it all over the chicken breasts.
- Once the chicken breasts are completely seasoned, put them inside a food storage bag. Then, allow it to refrigerate for a minimum of one 1 hour.
- Each side of the chicken can either be grilled or broiled for anywhere between 5 and 8 mins. The exact amount of time must be determined based on the thickness.
- You can be sure that the chicken is completely done if juices seem to run clear when you poke it using a fork.
- These Cajun-spiced chicken breasts will complement your favorite sides.