Pancakes have always been a favorite of kids and most households with kids have made this at least once. Kids will go nuts over the cinnamon roll pancake. They can be freezed in a refrigerator so that you can heat it just before you eat. These delicious cinnamon roll pancake can be made every weekends and enjoyed by everyone in the house, not only kids, though kids are the biggest fans of pancakes and every mother will vouch for this. My kids love them a lot and every weekend I make these little pancakes for them, which get over within a few minutes. So, in a week I make these pancakes at least twice and truly speaking I love making these lovely looking pancakes for my kids. The happiness on the faces of my kids when they see the pancake is precious.
For making this yummy pancakes you can use the homemade batter or even consider using the readymade pancake mix. Anything will work fine.
Ingredients for Pancake
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- cup milk
- Tablespoon Canola Oil
- egg beaten lightly
You can even use the ready to make pancake mix instead of using all the above ingredients.
½ cup melted butter
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
4 tablespoon butter
2 ounces of cream cheese
1 ¼ powdered sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions to make
- First prepare the cinnamon filling: In a medium sized bowl, mix together butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Scoop the cinnamon filling and place it into a small sized zip bag and set it aside. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes. The mix should thicken by then.
- Pancake batter preparation: In a medium sized bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. To this add milk, oil and egg. Whisk this mix until the batter is nicely moist.
If you are using the readymade pancake mix, then follow the instructions on the carton.
- Prepare the cream cheese glaze: In a separate medium sized glass bowl or a microwave safe bowl warm the butter and cream cheese until they melt. Whisk them together until it is smooth. Once it is smooth, add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix. Set this mixture aside.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium to low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread ½ cup of pancake batter onto the skillet.
- Cut a small corner of the cinnamon filling bag and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake carefully with a spatula once you find bubbles appearing on the surface. Cook until lightly browned on the underside, maybe one or two minutes more.
- Transfer the pancake to a baking sheet and keep it warm in the oven, until you prepare other pancakes. Wipe out the pan every time and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Once ready to serve, spoon out a cream cheese to glaze on top of the pancakes.
Before you take out the cinnamon filling bag, to swirl on top of the pancake, open the bag and stir the contents properly so that the butter is fully mixed.
The cinnamon roll pancake is easy to make and now onwards, your holidays will be more fun with happy kids and adults digging their teeth on these yummy pancakes.