Your craving for cheese will be satisfied with this amazingly delicious recipe. You may have your doubts about how tasty this one would be considering it is healthy. But, don’t be fooled by the name, you have to eat it to believe.
– 50 gms butter
– 75 gms finely crushed oatcakes
– 50 gms cream cracker
– 1 tbsp cocoa, plus extra for dusting
– 1 tbsp of finely chopped salted peanuts plus extra to scatter over
– 2 small ripe bananas
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 2 x 250g tubs ricotta
– 200gm tub of Greek yoghurt
– 4 large eggs
– ½ teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp corn flour
– 200ml double cream
- Heat the oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease a non-stick loose-based 22cm cake tin.
- Melt the butter in a pan and to this add in crackers, chopped peanuts, cocoa and oatcakes until well coated.
- Press into the base of the tin until it forms a firm layer and then allow it to bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and increase the heat to 420 degree F.
To make a topping,
- mash the bananas with lemon juice in a large bowl. Beat the ricotta, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and corn flour until everything is mixed well.
- Pour this onto the biscuit base and bake it for 10 minutes and then bring down the temperature of the oven to 230 degree F and cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool inside. When cold chill it for 3-4 hours.