- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casing removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
- 24 2-inch won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Â½ cup of low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 12 mini turkey pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 12-cup standard muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Add Italian sausage to pan and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and stir in marinara sauce.
- Add cottage cheese, and the parmesan cheese to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Fit wonton wrappers into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon cottage cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon marinara and sausage sauce and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Smart Points: 4 (per cup)
Serving size: 1 Calories: 127 Fat: 6 Saturated fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 9 Sugar: 2 Fiber: 1 Protein: 11